How to Run a Data Driven Campaign
This episode, we're talking to Brendan Steinhauser, a national grassroots organizer and campaign manager with a fantastic record.
Brendan spent seven years in Washington, D.C. working as the national Director of Federal and State Campaigns for FreedomWorks and he’s managed a number of campaigns, from state to federal level. Since 2012, Brendan has operated the Austin based Steinhauser Strategies with his bride Randan, providing full service public relations, government affairs and political consulting service.
He has been awarded MSNBC's "Inside the Beltway" award, Campaigns & Elections Magazine's "Rising Stars" award, the Leadership Institute's "Outstanding Alumni" award, District of Columbia Republican Committee's 35 Under 35 Award, and named as one of Time Magazine’s 40 under 40 Rising Political Stars.
A native of Flatonia, Texas, Brendan earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas and served as Executive Director of Young Conservatives of Texas - UT-Austin. Brendan received his M.A. in Statecraft and International Affairs from The Institute of World Politics in Washington, D.C.
- 00:25 - Brendan Steinhauser Introduction
- 01:10 - Background and Steinhauser Strategies Overview
- 02:49 - Training the next generation of Candidates
- 06:32 - Maintaining Motivation when working in politics
- 09:06 - How Steinhauser Strategies serves its clients
- 10:20 - Setting up a winning campaign
- 16:15 - The 80/20 Rule
- 19:23 - Top indicators of campaign health
- 21:42 - Learning to win from losing
- 23:35 - Preparing TODAY for a future candidacy
- 28:10 - What to look for in campaign staff
- 32:00 - Running a data-driven campaign
- 40:15 - Holding true to your principles
- 43:05 - How to find Brendan online
LinkedIn: Click Here